08/17/2012 - 08:00 - Restoration Continuing
Mattoon and N Pana Areas See Most Damage
Updates for storm restoration are listed below by community:
- 50 poles left to be replaced
- communities impacted include Mattoon, Windsor, and Marshall
- IL Rte. 16 was opened last night as planned – work will continue on the overhead circuit damage along this road
- Estimated Restoration Time – below 100 customers by 15:00 on 17 August 2012; final ERT - 19:00 on 17 August 2012
N. Pana area
- (18) poles left to replace, less than 50 customers impacted
- Estimated Restoration Time – 17:00 on 17 August 2012
- One storm related outage impacting 46 customers
- Estimated restoration time – 12:00 on 17 August 2012
- All storm-related outages restored as of 00:30 on 17 August 2012
– Personnel are continuing restoration efforts. 557 workers are currently assigned.
Any lingering activity in southern Illinois will move out this morning. High pressure will bring dry conditions to most of the region today and tonight. No strong or severe storms are expected. Rainfall of 0.05-0.30 inch is likely. Temperatures will be 4-10 degrees below normal.
Operations at Red Alert:
In order to coordinate Ameren Illinois resources the Emergency Operations Center was activated, effective at 16:30 on August 16, 2012. At 16:40 the peak number of outages were 22,677. As of 06:30 Aug 17th, 28,484 outages have been restored.
Remember to be safe. Stay away from downed power lines. Report immediately to Ameren Illinois at 1.800.755.5000.
Emergency Event 20120816AIC